As result of a recent Brazilian executive order that will enter into force on June 17, 2019, the visa exemption for citizens of the United States of America, Australia, Canada and Japan who wish to travel to Brazil was enacted on March 18, 2019. This will enable visitors from these four countries to enter Brazil without a visa.
The measure benefits holders of a valid passport traveling for tourism, business, artistic or sports activities or in exceptional situations of national interest. The initiative also covers travelers transiting through Brazil. Visitors will be granted a stay of up to 90 days, which can be extended once for the same period, as long as they do not exceed 180 days within a 12-month period, counted from the date of the first entry. If the regular stay is exceeded, the visitor will be considered an illegal alien subject to the applicable measures by the Brazilian government
As this is a new rule for Brazilian VISA, please make sure with the local Brazilian Consulate that the new rule applies to your travel and check the necessary procedures to travel to Brazil. Do not travel without checking first if you really do not need a VISA!
- Visas to enter Brazil are granted by the Brazilian consulates abroad. Citizens of countries that are members of the Mercosul do not require visas, only a valid passport or valid identity document are required.
- If you need a formal letter of invitation for your visa application, please contact the organizers at email@example.com providing your full name, institution, address and title (Prof, Dr., Ms. or Mr.)
- To learn more about the documentation and procedures for granting visas, see the Brazilian embassy/consulate in your country of origin. See the list of consular representations in each country.
- Also check out here for further information on Brazilian Visa.
- Or click here to apply for a Brazilian Visa.
In order to facilitate your travel arrangements to Brazil, the Organizing Committee has chosen as Official Travel Agency, Creacteve Eventos e Turismo. The Agency has negotiated special rates for ILAS 2019 delegates and has secured a limited number of rooms in Hotels nearby the Congress Venue.
Participants are recommended to reserve accommodation as soon as possible considering that hotels availability is limited. Reservations are confirmed on a first-come, first-served basis.
The link below will redirect you to the Official Travel Agency website, where you can check hotels rates, location maps, transportation, visa information, tips for your travel and easily make your online booking.